Saturday, April 29, 2006

Onward and Upward

I WILL SURVIVE: Aretha Franklin
At first I was afraid, I was petrified.
Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side.
But then I spent so many nights just thinking how you did me wrong.
I grew strong, I learned how to get along.
And so you´re back from outer space.
I just walked in to find you here without that look upon your face.
I should have changed that stupid lock, I should have made you leave your key
If I´d have known for just one second you´d be back to bother me.
Oh now go. Walk out the door. Just turn around now.
´Cause you´re not welcome anymore.
Weren´t you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye?
Did you think I´d crumble? Did you think I´d lay down and die?
Oh no not I. I will survive.
As long as I know how to love I know I´ll stay alive.
I´ve got all my life to live, I´ve got all my love to give.
I will survive. I will survive. Hey hey!
It took all the strength I had not to fall apart.
I´m trying hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart.
And I spent oh so many nights just feeling sorry for myself.
I used to cry. But now I hold my head up high.
And you´ll see me, somebody new.
I´m not that chained up little person still in love with you.
And so you felt like dropping in, and just expect me to be free.
But now I´m saving all my lovin´ for someone who´s lovin´ me.
Go on now go. Walk out the door. Just turn around now.
You´re not welcome anymore.
Weren´t you the one who tried to break me with goodbye?
Did you think I´d crumble? Did you think I´d lay down and die?
Oh no not I. I will survive.
As long as I know how to love I know I´ll be alive.
I´ve got all my life to live.
I´ve got all my love to give.
I will survive. I will survive

No comments: