Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I guess you never know

Well I went downstairs to change over my laundry and there was this Asian couple down there just waiting around for me to come and get my stuff so they could use the washers (instead of just taking my clothes out of the washer and putting them on the table like everyone else) and they had the tiniest load of laundry. They kept talking in their native language and just stood there and watched me changing over my laundry. It was so strange and uncomfortable and I was pretty irritated about it, not to mention since when is laundry a two person event. BUT when I went down to go get my stuff out of the drier, they were still there. So I guess what happened was they didn't feel comfortable leaving their clothes in the machine, and one of them didnt want to get bored waiting for the laundry which is why they were there together. And then, while I was taking my things out of the drier, the man came up to me and was like "excuse me, but why do you use the paper in the drier?" he was referring to the bounce sheets, so I explained that it was fabric softener and it made the clothes softer and then he explained it to his girlfriend or wife or whatever, and they were actually very nice. So, I guess it just goes to show that you never really know... sometimes people just dont understand.

No comments: